Studies show that running for 20-30 minutes every day is very good for your health. Running makes you lose weight very fast. It strengthens our respiratory system, heart muscles and stomach and increases oxygen and blood circulation throughout our body. Today we know about the benefits of jogging.
TOPICS IN THIS ARTICLE
- Benefits of running and jogging
- Rules of running
- Who should not run ?
- What is difference between running and jogging ?
- Set your goal by running and jogging
- Choose the right shoes for running and jogging
Benefits of running and jogging
Running and jogging are considered the best ways to get your body in shape. Also, it is beneficial for all parts of your body and also keeps your mood always fresh. So let us tell you other health related benefits of running –
1) Benefits of running for respiratory system
Running strengthens our abdominal muscles and tones the abs. Running gets rid of various problems related to the respiratory system.
2) Benefits of running for the heart
Regular running makes our heart strong, running increases oxygen and blood circulation in the body.
3) Benefits of running to increase energy
By running, our body makes certain chemicals, which make us feel happier and more energized.
4) Running and jogging improves your health
Believe it or not, running and jogging help improve your health. Research says that running increases the level of good cholesterol. Along with this, the ability to do lung function can also be increased. In addition, running boosts immunity and reduces the risk of blood clots.
5) Running and jogging prevent disease
For women, running and jogging reduce the risk of breast cancer. It also helps in reducing the risk of stroke. Nowadays, most doctors recommend running or jogging to those people who have problems related to sugar, high blood pressure and bones. It has also been proven that running and jogging can reduce the risk of heart attack. They maintain the flexibility of the arteries and strengthen the heart. In this way the chances of heart attack are reduced.
6) Lose weight by running and jogging
Running or jogging is considered the best exercise to lose weight or keep it balanced. It is also easy to burn calories in this way. It is also a very effective exercise to burn calories which burns calories every single minute.
7) Running and jogging boosts your self-confidence
Not all the benefits of running and jogging are physically beneficial. Running or jogging also increases your self-confidence and self-esteem.
8) Running and jogging relieves stress
Stress causes many physical and mental problems. This also leads to loss of appetite and sleep. When you run, you power up your body for more energy. The problem of headache is also reduced with the help of running or jogging.
9) Running or jogging reduces depression
Whenever you are in depression, only go out for running or jogging. After a few minutes of running or jogging, your brain will start secreting hormones, with the help of which your mood will automatically improve. Rather, there are some things in the world that treat depression faster without medication, and one of them is exercise.
Rules of running
- Running only requires time and energy, it does not cost us money.
- Before running, our aim should be that we run as much as possible.
- We should run at least 3 to 5 times in a week.
- For the first time we should start walking, then we should start walking a little faster, then we should start running at a slow pace, then gradually increase our speed. Because if you run fast from the beginning, then you will get tired quickly and can also harm yourself.
- You should always keep changing your way to run so that you do not feel boring.
- Take a healthy and balanced diet for running and jogging.
- Do not overeat before running or jogging.
- Do not do running exercise on hot summer days.
- Drink plenty of water before, during and after running and jogging.
- Carry the phone with you, so that you can tell your family members in case of any problem.
- If you are listening to songs from iPod or headset while running or jogging, do not listen too loudly.
- Before running or jogging, let someone know what time you are leaving for a run and when you will be back.
- Opt for bustling roads for running or jogging. Do not go through such roads where no one comes and goes.
- If you get hurt while running or jogging, see your doctor right away.
Who should not run ?
Heart disease patients, patients with respiratory problems, patients who have been ill for a long time should not run, this can cause problems for you.
What is the difference between running and jogging ?
The difference between running and jogging is in intensity. Running is fast running, which takes more kilojoules, and running requires more effort from the heart, lungs and muscles than jogging. Running takes a higher level of energy for the whole body than in jogging.
Running and jogging are both forms of aerobics exercise. Aerobic means ‘with oxygen’ – ‘aerobic exercise’ means any physical activity that combines oxygen with blood glucose or body fat to form energy.
Set your goal by running and jogging
Choose what you want to achieve by running or jogging. These examples can be some of them –
- To get fit – If you are new to exercise then start exercising by walking briskly. Then gradually move on to the process of jogging and running. Thus it may take you a few months.
- For general fitness – Running or jogging exercises can be combined with other forms of exercise (such as swimming or while playing with a team) to enhance your overall fitness.
- For weight loss – Include plenty of fresh fruits and vegetables, lean meats, whole grains and low-fat dairy products in your diet. Apart from this, do not consume fat, sugary beverages and sugar. Along with this, add running or jogging to your routine.
- For Friends – You can run or jog with friends or join any common running club.
- For Competition – Some clubs bring you challenging events. You can also show off your running or jogging skills in a fun way in a marathon. Many communities that are based on running are based on age and abilities.
Choose the right shoes for running and jogging
Choose the right shoes for running and jogging as follows –
1) Do not wear old shoes. Old shoes are a common cause of injury.
2) Running shoes tend to bend easily (footwear can be bent due to tightness, so it is better to wear shoes that bend easily), provide comfort to the feet and your ankles due to the comfortable material on the heels doesn’t get hurt.
3) Shoes should not be too tight. This can also twist your leg.
4) When wearing shoes, choose the right socks too.
Thanks for reading this article