Chia seeds are a good source of protein, so they are also called superfoods. The nutrients found in chia seeds are helpful in providing energy to the body. According to historians, chia was first cultivated in Mexico and Guatemala, and today chia seeds are cultivated in South America, Central America and Australia.
TOPICS IN THIS ARTICLE
These tiny looking chia seeds are full of energy and are helpful in keeping the body healthy. Chia seeds are beneficial for skin and hair along with removing physical problems.
NUTRIENTS FOUND IN CHIA SEEDS
Chia seeds contain protein, carbohydrates, fiber, calcium, phosphorus, potassium and magnesium along with many nutrients like vitamin-A, vitamin-C and vitamin-E. Apart from this, many acids like saturated acid, polysaturated acid and monosaturated acid are also found in it.
HOW TO CONSUME CHIA SEEDS
- Chia seeds can be consumed by adding them to yogurt, smoothies, soups and oatmeal. Apart from this, it can also be consumed by adding it to some special food.
- Soaking chia seeds in water turns the chia seed into a gel. Which can be consumed by mixing it in smoothies or protein shakes.
- It can also be consumed by making powder of chia seeds.
BENEFITS AND HARMS OF CHIA SEEDS
But excessive consumption of chia seeds can cause some physical problems. Therefore, before consuming chia seeds, let us go into detail about the benefits and harms of chia seeds from this article.
BENEFITS OF CHIA SEEDS
1) Consuming chia seeds can be beneficial for reducing weight because chia seeds are rich in protein and fiber, which helps to keep the stomach full for a long time and helps to regulate irregular appetite which can help in reducing weight.
2) Chia seeds have anti-cancer properties, which are helpful in preventing the growth of cancer cells in the body and protecting against the risk of cancer. Apart from this, according to a research, the antioxidant properties present in chia seeds can help reduce the risk of prostate cancer.
3) Many types of fatty acids are found in chia seeds along with proteins and minerals, which are helpful in providing energy to the body. That’s why chia seeds are considered a good source of energy.
4) To keep bones strong, the calcium, phosphorus and magnesium present in chia seeds act as major components, which keep bones strong and also prevent bones from fracture.
5) Consuming chia seeds can be beneficial for heart health because according to experts, chia seeds are rich in omega-3 fatty acids, which are helpful in warding off heart diseases and keeping the heart healthy. Apart from this, it helps in reducing the risk of blood clot formation.
6) The rich fiber found in chia seeds serves primarily for digestive health which improves digestion, has the function of digesting food well and helps in keeping the digestive system strong. Apart from this, fiber helps to overcome other stomach problems like constipation.
7) Consuming chia seeds can help reduce the symptoms of diabetes. According to experts, chia seeds are one of the foods that can help in the treatment of diabetes. Chia seeds have the ability to slow down digestion, which can help in the prevention of diabetes.
8) The omega-3 fatty acids present in chia seeds are beneficial for skin health. Which works to increase blood circulation and remove dryness of the skin, it is helpful in providing moisture to the skin. Apart from this, according to a research, omega 3 fatty acids also protect the skin from harmful UV rays coming from the sun.
9) Consumption of chia seeds is beneficial to overcome the lack of nutrients in the body. Chia seeds are high in protein, as well as many nutrients such as omega-3 fatty acids, manganese, magnesium, fiber, calcium and potassium which are helpful in keeping the body healthy by removing the deficiency of nutrients in the body.
10) Consuming chia seeds can be beneficial for hair health. Because the nutrients found in chia seeds are helpful in providing full nutrition to the hair. Which are helpful in hair growth and strengthening them.
11) The use of chia seeds can be beneficial to get rid of the problem of insomnia. According to experts, an element called tryptophan is found in chia seeds, which helps in relieving the problem of mental health such as anxiety and depression as well as insomnia.
12) Consumption of chia seeds can be beneficial for pregnant women during pregnancy. Because according to experts, consuming chia seeds during pregnancy can aid in fetal retina and brain development. Therefore, it can be said that the consumption of chia seeds for pregnant women can be beneficial.
HARMS OF CHIA SEEDS
- Excess consumption of chia seeds can cause other stomach problems like abdominal pain, diarrhea and flatulence. This is due to the high amount of fiber present in chia seeds.
- Some people may also be allergic to chia seeds. If a person has any kind of allergy from the consumption of chia seeds, then that person should avoid consuming chia seeds or consume it only after the advice of the doctor.
- If a person takes any particular type of medicines, then that person should consult a doctor before consuming chia seeds.
So, These are some benefits and harms of chia seeds. I hope you have get a great information from this article. Please subscribe to newsletter for getting instant notifications of upcoming articles.
Thanks for reading this article.