Good sleep or adequate sleep is very important for a healthy body, which keeps us physically and mentally healthy. and helps in keeping us energetic. Deep and complete sleep provides complete rest to our mind and body, which is very necessary to lead a healthy life, but nowadays due to lifestyle habits many people are struggling with insomnia or sleeplessness.
TOPICS IN THIS ARTICLE
- Reasons of Sleeplessness or Insomnia
- Symptoms of Sleeplessness or Insomnia
- Pay attention to some special things to avoid Insomnia
In insomnia, a person has problems like difficulty in sleeping, lack of sleep or not being able to sleep. Due to lack of sleep, the person is not able to concentrate in any work and the memory power of the person starts getting weak, as well as problems like irritability and depression start arising in the person. Sleep problems indicate that you are mentally disturbed or unhealthy.
Due to lack of sleep, problems like weakness, laziness begin to arise in the person, due to which the immune system of the person starts weakening.
Lack of sleep increases the risk of many serious diseases like constipation, high blood pressure, heart disease, diabetes, obesity and cancer, so getting enough sleep is very important, but what do you know, by making lifestyle changes, sleeplessness can be prevented. The problem can be removed.
Let us go into detail about the reasons and remedies for not sleeping from this article of ours.
Reasons of Sleeplessness or Insomnia
- Changes in bedtime everyday, sleeping or naps during the day, working late into the night and lack of a proper sleeping environment can interfere with your sleep cycle.
- Taking certain types of drugs and their side effects can cause sleepiness.
- Excessive consumption of caffeinated substances like tea, coffee throughout the day, causes sleeplessness. Actually, caffeinated drinks are stimulants, so drinking them disrupts your sleep.
- The use of devices like computers, mobiles and TVs before sleeping is an important reason for sleeplessness.
- Any type of mental stress such as health or job loss and financial and family problems can keep your mind active at night, causing problems with sleeplessness.
- Overeating at night causes sleeplessness. In fact, eating too much can make you feel physically uncomfortable while sleeping, which can interfere with your sleep.
- Certain sleep disorders such as sleep apnea, restless legs syndrome, slip paralysis, and insomnia can cause problems with sleep.
- Smoking, use of tobacco, etc., cause sleeplessness. In fact, the nicotine in tobacco products can interfere with your sleep.
- Having physical problems or having any health problems such as obesity, diabetes, heart disease, asthma, chronic pain, cancer, thyroid and Alzheimer’s disease etc.
- Not exercising causes sleeplessness. Apart from this, excessive noise while sleeping or having too much light in the room can interfere with your sleep.
Symptoms of Sleeplessness or Insomnia
- Difficulty falling asleep or falling asleep at night
- To be trouble
- Not feeling refreshed after waking up in the morning.
- Feeling tired during the day.
- Waking up late at night.
- Heaviness in the head
- Daytime sleepiness.
- Frequent awakenings after falling asleep.
- Waking up early after sleeping late at night etc.
To avoid insomnia, pay attention to these special things
1) Make a regular bedtime and wake-up time. By creating a set time, your body will internally adapt itself according to that pattern and will prompt you to go to sleep and wake up at the scheduled time.
2) Go for a walk in the morning and exercise. In fact, people who meditate and exercise regularly do not have the problem of insomnia.
3) Drink milk regularly at night before sleeping. In fact, the amino acid tryptophan present in milk increases the level of serotonin, the good hormone in the brain, with the help of which sleep easily at night.
4) Avoid eating heavy meals before sleeping.
5) Apart from this, caffeine in the afternoon and evening
6) Consume in limited quantity. • Be yourself active. Regular activities are important for a good night’s sleep.
7) Avoid smoking or consuming stimulants such as tobacco.
8) By including salad in the dinner, actually eating salad produces an element called lactocerium in the body, which makes the body feel relaxed, due to which sleep comes.
9) Talk to your doctor to avoid the problem of insomnia caused by drugs.
10) Avoid taking naps or sleeping during the day. Apart from this, while sleeping, keep in mind that there is no bright light in the room and sleep on a clean bed.
If sleeplessness or insomnia is not diagnosed and treated early, it can give rise to many serious physical diseases and the patient can become a victim of depression, so to overcome the problem of insomnia, eat your food soon. And lifestyle changes should be made. If someone has a serious problem of insomnia or sleeplessness, which does not improve even after dietary and lifestyle changes, then that person should contact the doctor soon.