Anulom Vilom Pranayama is also known as Nadi Shodh Pranayama. Anulom means straight and Vilom means opposite. The main feature of this pranayama is that it is inhaled and released in a sequence through the right and left nostrils.
TOPICS IN THIS ARTICLE
- Benefits of Anulom Vilom
- Side effects of Anulom Vilom
- Right way to do Anulom Vilom
- Pranayama to do before Anulom Vilom
Benefits of Anulom Antonym are innumerable, today our special attention will be on this on some precautions and some mistakes that we need to take care of. Because many people are already doing Nadi Shodhana Pranayama and many people are going to do it.
As its name is Nadi Shodhana, which is considered important pranayama in purifying the nerves of our body. There are 72 crore 72 lakh nadia in it, which is connected to every organ, every action process of your body, there are three main nadis, Surya nadi, Chandra nadi and Mudra nadi.
BENEFITS OF ANULOM VILOM
- The main purpose of this pranayama is to nourish the whole body by purifying all the nadis that carry the energy of the body.
- It is considered beneficial for heart patients but should not be done without consulting a doctor.
- Removes phlegm and lung related disorders.
- Practicing it increases concentration and provides calmness by reducing stress and anxiety.
- It is considered beneficial in increasing the intelligence and concentration of children.
- Its continuous practice helps in curing the problem related to constipation, gas, stomach.
- Benefit in headache, anxiety and eye problems.
SIDE EFFECTS OF ANULOM VILOM
- People who have heart disease and blood pressure problems should not do it without the advice of a doctor, it can cause many damages.
- Anulom Vilom Pranayama should be done in the morning and evening on an empty stomach or only after two hours of having food.
- If there is any disease or any disease then it should not be done without consultation or advice, it should be done in an open environment and a place of peace.
RIGHT WAY TO DO ANULOM VILOM
- To do Nadi Shodhana, first of all, you should sit in Sukha Asana, which is a meditative posture.
- It can also be done in other asanas like Padmasana, can also be done in Braj posture, out of which you can sit in whichever you find easy to sit.
- While sitting, see that your spine is straight, head high and both palms on the feet and eyes should be closed, now take a deep breath and bring the body and mind to a state of rest.
- Now keep your left palm in meditation posture. Close the right nostril with the thumb and breathe through the left nostril, then close the left nostril with the ring finger and little finger and exhale through the right nostril, now inhale through your right nostril and release it from the left.
- This is one cycle of Nadi Shodhana or Anulom Vilom, repeat five such cycles, try to exhale twice as much time as the breath takes in. Try to keep the breath slow and steady.
PRANAYAMA TO DO BEFORE ANULOM-VILOM
The benefits of Anulom Vilom can be gained even more by the following pranayama:
- Bhastrika Pranayama
- Kapalbhati Pranayama
So, here in this article, you came to know about some benefits of anulom vilom and what is the right way to do it. For getting instant notifications of more articles like this, kindly subscribe to our newsletter.
Thanks for reading this article