Curd is very beneficial for our health. Eating a bowl of curd every day keeps the digestive system right. Curd is rich in calcium, protein and vitamins. Curd has been of great importance in our Indian culture since ancient times. Whether it is a marriage or the beginning of any work, curd is used on every auspicious occasion.
TOPICS IN THIS ARTICLE
Because it is believed that if curd is fed before doing any auspicious work, then he gets success. Let us tell you that curd has many benefits. This not only makes our body health. It is also very beneficial in enhancing our beauty. And the special thing is that it is cheap as well as easily available.
Benefits of eating curd
You might be surprised to know this, but curd has many more benefits than milk. Curd contains more calcium than milk. Apart from this, curd is easily digested.
Digestion is good by eating curd daily and there is an open hunger. Therefore, people who have stomach problems such as indigestion, loss of appetite, etc., they must consume curd. So today we tell you about the health benefits of curd.
1. Eat curd to reduce obesity
As we all know that obesity gives rise to many diseases. That is, if we reduce obesity, then we can get freedom from other diseases as well. Curd prevents the increase of cholesterol in our body. Due to which the flow of blood improves and excess fat does not accumulate in the body. Apart from this, the use of curd is also very beneficial in problems like blood pressure.
2. Curd is beneficial in heart disease
Cholesterol does not change by eating curd and the heartbeat remains normal. Heart diseases, high blood pressure and kidney diseases are cured by the use of curd.
3. Get rid of mouth ulcers with curd
Curd is also helpful in removing mouth ulcers. For this, either you mix curd with honey and apply it on the blister or take curd with food. By using both the methods, you will get relief in the blisters.
4. Curd to remove stomach heat
Curd is also considered to be nectar for the treatment of many diseases of the stomach. If there is heat or burning in the stomach, drinking curd or lassi made of curd provides relief. Apart from this, if someone has diarrhoea, then rice should be eaten mixed with curd.
5. Curd is beneficial in enhancing beauty
For hair –
If multani mitti mixed with curd is applied on the hair, then the hair becomes soft. It also helps in preventing hair fall. Curd is also used to remove dandruff from the hair. For this, mix curd in henna or apply curd directly on the hair. It acts like a natural conditioner for the hair.
Curd can also be used to bring glow to the skin. Vitamin A, phosphorous, and zinc present in curd help in brightening the skin. Just mix some gram flour in curd and keep it on the face for 10 minutes. This will also enhance the complexion of your face and the skin will also glow. If you are worried about your oily skin, then mix honey in curd and apply. It can get rid of oily skin to a great extent.
6. Curd is a good source of protein
Curd is rich in protein. 200 grams of curd contains about 12 grams of protein. Protein helps to increase the energy expended throughout the day or the calories burned throughout the day.
Getting protein is also important to keep hunger regular. By consuming protein, you can also control your weight.
7. Curd is beneficial for digestion
Some types of curd contain live bacteria or probiotics, which may be beneficial to your digestive health. But unfortunately many types of curd are pasteurized. These beneficial bacteria are destroyed during the pasteurization process.
Certain types of probiotics found in curd, such as bifidobacteria and lactobacillus, have been known to reduce symptoms of irritable bowel syndrome (IBS). According to one study, IBS patients who regularly consumed fermented or fermented milk or curd found relief from this problem very quickly.
Another study found that curdc rich in bifidobacteria helps in reducing digestive system and health problems.
In addition, several studies have shown that probiotics can also help treat problems such as antibiotic-associated diarrhea and constipation.
8. Use curd to strengthen immunity –
Consuming curd can also be very beneficial for immunity. Especially if it contains probiotics. Therefore, consuming curd regularly can strengthen your immune system. And because of this, your chances of getting sick again and again are also reduced.
Probiotics are known to reduce inflammation, which is used for a number of health problems ranging from viral infections to intestinal health problems. According to research, in some cases, probiotics can even help reduce the severity of the common cold.
Apart from this, curd is also rich in magnesium, selenium and zinc which help in strengthening immunity.
9. Eating curd save from osteoporosis
Curd is rich in calcium, protein, potassium, phosphorus and vitamin D. Which are very important nutrients for maintaining healthy bones.
All these vitamins and minerals also help prevent osteoporosis. Osteoporosis is a common problem in the elderly. People with osteoporosis have a very low bone density, which makes them prone to bone fractures. According to a study, consuming curd three times a day can help maintain bone mass and strength.
Some other benefits of curd
- Consuming curd provides relief from diseases of the stomach and intestines.
- The calcium present in curd strengthens bones, teeth and nails. Curd helps in increasing our appetite and preventing diarrhoea.
- Taking a glass of curd made of buttermilk mixed with carom seeds provides relief in diseases like piles.
- Curd is also helpful in removing acne on the face.
- There are many people whose digestion is not correct, in such a situation, using curd with food improves digestion immediately.
- People who have sleep disorders, even doctors advise them to eat curd.
- Eating it makes you sleep well. Curd also helps in removing the odour of sweat from the body. For this, you mix curd and gram flour and apply it on your body, then after a while take a bath, it removes body odor.
Take care about this –
Always consume fresh curd. Never eat curd at night. Do not consume curd even if the problem of cold persists for you all the time.
Side effects of eating curd
- Lactose intolerance occurs when there is a deficiency of lactase in the body. Enzymes are needed to break down lactose, which is a type of sugar found in milk. Some people develop various digestive problems like abdominal pain and diarrhoea, after consuming milk or products made from it.
- Milk products contain casein and whey, which are proteins. Some people may be allergic to it. Due to which you may have problems like swelling. So if you are allergic to milk then the best solution for you is to avoid the consumption of curd.
- Many types of curd contain high amounts of sugar, especially those labeled as low-fat. Consuming excess sugar can lead to many health problems, including diabetes and obesity. Therefore, while buying curd, keep in mind that there is no amount of sugar in it.
Thanks for reading this article.